Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY Burlap Wreaths


I have been seeing these all over and decided that it's time to make my own!




I got a few of these flowers to hot glue onto the finished product.  I got three cream colored flowers and one that looks a little more rustic to add some contrast.  I also got a circular outline and a role of burlap. 



I wrapped the burlap around the tube two times to make it look slightly thicker.  Then with the extra burlap, I tied a bow.  I hot-glued the ends to the tube and then the bow to the burlap.  To make the final product, I hot-glued the four flowers to the wreath.  



Here is the final product on the door!






I loved making the first wreath so much that I needed to make a second!  I made the first one to use during winter so I decided to make one that I can use in the spring.



Here are the materials that I purchased from JoAnn's: 1 1/2 yards of coral burlap, a white flower, and a wire wreath template. 


It was hard to get started at first because I bought yards of burlap instead of the packaged rolls.  They didn't have anything "springy" enough for me in the rolls.  After I tediously cut and got rid of all of the annoying fringe coming of the sides I then had several strips like I would have had had I bought the roll.  I recommend buying the roll; it will save you a lot of time! I just made loops and tucked and tucked some more!  The posts I have seen about making them said that there is no right way to do it and they are right!  It was very easy once I got going!


Once I got all of the burlap looped and tucked away, I hot-glued a large white flower onto the side.



Here is the finished product on the door!  Doing it myself was fun and much cheaper than buying it already done!

No comments:

Post a Comment