Saturday, January 11, 2014

(Cheap) Christmas Gifts for Students

I wanted to give my students something for Christmas that wouldn't cost too much, but also mean something to them.  After perusing different sites, I found personalized bookmarks.  I decided to make these for my students and put them in a little goodie bag with candy and a "No Homework" pass.  I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought double sided scrapbook paper.  It's important that it is double sided so that the back of the bookmark is not plain.  I got the ribbon from the dollar section at Target.  I then typed up all of their names and printed those out just on white paper.  I used fancy scissors to crop the edges.  I cut the scrapbook paper to a width of about 2 1/2 inches and a length of six.  I then glued on the names and then laminated them.  Next, I hole punched the top for the ribbon.   Make sure to get very flexible and light ribbon because if it is too thick it will bust the hole.  I bent the ribbon in half and looped it through the hole.  Ta-da!  You have yourself a wonderful gift and it only cost about $7.00 total!



No comments:

Post a Comment